People choose to "bank" with us, but we're more than just a bank. We strive to be an integral part of the community. After all, we live here too. From providing banking services and employment opportunities, to finding ways to give back, Sunflower Bank works hard to make a difference.
As an organization, we align a portion of our giving with our community reinvestment goals. This includes helping non-profits that focus on affordable housing, community redevelopment, financial education, and improving the lives of those less fortunate.
We know we can make a difference and we challenge our staff to do the same. We strive to create possibility in our communities. Sunflower Bank understands that change can’t be done through donations alone, it takes do-ers. Therefore, Sunflower Bank gives each employee 24 hours a year to go out into the community and make an impact by volunteering. Employees are encouraged to find organizations they are passionate about and Sunflower finds ways to support those passions. Through donations, sponsorships, corporate partnerships, and providing volunteer time, we have become part of the fabric of our local communities.
We're pleased to share highlights of our 2022 Community Achievements:
Sunflower Bank's community engagement activities in these interconnected areas strengthen the communities in which we live and work, and resulted in these significant achievements in 2022:
- Employees from across Sunflower Bank, First National 1870 and Guardian Mortgage logged over 8,500 volunteer hours in their communities.
- Sunflower Bank, N.A. received a "Satisfactory" Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) rating on our last CRA Public Evaluation.
- From 2020-2022, we provided $242 million in community development lending and $67 million in community development investments to our communities.
- From 2020-2022, we made over $700,00 in charitable donations to organizations.
- In 2022, we expanded community partnerships with multiple organizations including On the Road Lending, LISC Strategic Investments - Dallas Housing Opportunity Fund, National Community Reinvestment Coalition (NCRC), and Communities in Schools.
- Our Achievement Checking Account product launched in 2022, is Bank On National Account Standard certified through 2024.