Tips for Using Mobile Banking
At Sunflower Bank, the privacy and security of your personal and financial information is a top priority. While technology continues to provide opportunities for consumers such as yourself with the convenience of banking where, when, and how you wish; along with this convenience comes some added security risks You can help protect yourself from these risks by following a few best practices.
Protect Your Mobile Device
Use the tips below to assist you in keeping your information secure when using a Mobile Device:
- Set up a unique username and password for Mobile Banking..
- If available, set up a required password that must be entered into your phone or mobile device prior to use.
- Keep all mobile software up-to-date.
- Don’t save or store login credentials on your mobile device. While this may provide you easy access, storing login information could be more easily accessible to others, including fraudsters.
- Be sure and log out of each application immediately after using Mobile Applications.
- Before downloading applications, know if the application (app) you are downloading will access, store, or even share your data.
- Prior to making a purchase or conducting a transaction on a mobile device, review the web address for security. Websites that contain “https:” in the web address indicates the site has taken measures to secure your personal information.
- Be cautious of requests for personal information. Make it a practice not to respond to any emails, text messages, or calls that request your personal information.
How Can I Protect Myself and My Information?
There are a variety of ways you can protect yourself and your information when using Mobile Banking. Below are several recommended best practices that can assist you in keeping your personal and financial information safe and secure.
- Create and use unique logins for Online Banking and Mobile Banking. This will help protect your account username from being compromised.
- Delete Mobile Banking text messages after viewing. Once you’ve received and reviewed the account information you requested via text message, delete the message to ensure the information is not found by others if your phone is lost or stolen.
- Create nicknames for your bank accounts. (For example, My Checking or Vacation Savings). A nickname helps to ensure that your account numbers aren’t visible when you are accessing your account from your phone or other mobile device.
- Log out after each Mobile Banking session. Before exiting or navigating away from Mobile Banking on your Mobile Device, be sure to log out of your banking session to ensure your account information is not easily accessed if your phone is compromised.
- Stay up-to-day on a variety of security issues, including mobile security, by visiting Sunflower Bank’s Security Center. There are a variety of security articles on ways to keep your personal information safe. We recommend visiting our website and Security Center on a regular basis to access the latest information.
The following navigation utilizes arrow, enter, escape, and space bar key commands. Left and right arrows move through main tier links and expand / close menus in sub tiers. Up and Down arrows will open main tier menus and toggle through sub tier links. Enter and space open menus and escape closes them as well. Tab will move on to the next part of the site rather than go through menu items.